Wednesday, April 25, 2012

French toast with a twist


This week, with mum out of town, my little sister and I are in charge of the kitchen. I've been tossing up a variation of eggs for breakfast (bhurji with tomato and cheese, or rather dry hardboiled eggs) and I can already see fatigue setting in. So while perusing the internet for something more fun, I stumbled upon the recipe below; it's a real find! Although I must warn you, it's hardly what would comprise a "healthy" meal, but it certainly makes for a fun breakfast treat on a Sunday morning!
Using fruits and cream cheese, it's a spin-off from the cherished French toast. And for a mageirocophobe like me (that's someone with a deep-rooted fear of cooking) it's a fairly un-intimidating venture, since it doesn't demand more than 15 minutes in the kitchen. So, all you need to get started is:
1.    Some cream cheese (which is fairly easy to source, so worry not!)
2.    Apples
3.    Milk
4.    Eggs
5.    A dash of cinnamon
6.    Orange zest and juice, and lemon juice
7.    A loaf of bread or a raisin baguette
And now I'll let you watch and learn from the master:
Since that was a rather sinful dish, and we are a health and fitness site, I feel obliged to share a fitness tip to maintain the balance. But don't worry, I promise not to ruin the mood with something as boring as a hundred bench presses. Instead — take a look at this:
Flat abs, the dream! Essential to looking fabulous in everything from a sari to a bikini.

What if we told you the road to getting dream abs is not paved with a thousand tummy crunches? Instead, all you have to do is eat right. And no, I don't mean starve yourself. Here are 10 foods that you should include in your daily diet, (make sure you don't overdo it; balance is always the key) and you'll find yourself with a trimmer tum in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment