Saturday, May 12, 2012

Apple co founder Steve Wozniak I don‘t have broadband at home


 Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak stunned a business forum in Perth after he confessed that he does not have abroadband connection at home in Los Gatos, California.
"I don't have broadband at my home," News.com.au quoted Wozniak as saying.
"I, Steve Wozniak, don't have broadband at my home."
Wozniak told an ironic tale about a clash of second-class infrastructure and new-age technology.
"I live one kilometre out of the main part of town," he explained.
"Broadband is a monopoly in my town - that means you can get it from a cable company, but I don't have cable.
"There are 50 companies that want to sell me DSL, but they've all got to go through the Horizon wires - the local phone company - and I've got one of the two worst Horizons in the country.
"And so I can't get broadband in my house."
Wozniak also insisted that wireless networks were more economical than fibre-optic networks for remote areas.
"This country is quite spread out, with a lot of remote places," he said.
"I think in remote places, a lot of times a good answer economically is wireless," Wozniak added.

No comments:

Post a Comment